For your application to the International Chamber Music Competition Hamburg please use the application form provided in this website.
Closing date for applications is April 30, 2012
(The date of postmark is effective. Applications mailed after this date will not be considered.)
All participating ensembles will be required to pay an application fee which is to be transferred to the account of the International Chamber Music Competition by April 30, 2012. The application fee will not be refunded, even if the ensemble gets a cancellation in the preliminary selection (further information: Application Fee).
The application should be sent by certified mail to:
International Chamber Music Competition Hamburg
Magdalenenstraße 12, 20148 Hamburg, Germany
To be included with the application:
- Repertoire List (subsequent changes not possible)
- Biographies of the ensemble and of individual members of the ensemble
- Copy of the identification cards of each member of the ensemble (Personal identification card, Passport or International Birth Certificate)
- Photo of the ensemble and of each individual member of the ensemble via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in digital format (JPG, in high resolution)
- CD or DVD containing recordings of the pieces for the preliminary selection (look Repertoire) indicating date and location of the recording
- Letters of recommendation from two well-known musicians of high standing (not more than three years old)
- Statement of release in the event of exclusive contractual relationships involving the ensemble or individual musicians *
Incomplete registration forms will be rejected and will result in exclusion from the competition.
* Should the ensemble or an individual member of the ensemble applying to the competition have exclusive contractual commitments with recording companies, concert agencies or other parties which can assert exclusive rights with regard to the ensemble or an individual member, it is required that the ensemble or the individual member provide a statement of release from his contractual partners which stipulates that there exist no contractual claims against participation in the competition, that all obligations arising from the competition will be met, i.e., fulfilled by the ensemble and the individual members.